Edmonton now has Roller Skating & Roller Blade Lessons available at Sportsworld Roller Skating Disco. If you never skated before or you want to improve your techniques and skills, come down to learn the secrets and basics of Roller Skating/Inline. Students will be taught the ground basics of Roller Skating/Inline such as forward motions, crossovers, stopping, falling properly, postures, turning and skating backwards. The instructor will be instructing you to make sure that you’ll leave the lessons with the courage and improved skills to never fear or be embarrassed of Roller Skating/Inline. The lessons are for all ages and it is recommended at least two lesson sessions. An assessment will be done at the end of the lesson to asset what the appropriate steps to learn how to roller skate/inline better. Lesson sessions will follow every second Sunday starting at noon for 5 consecutive Sunday's. Students are able to use Sportsworld skates or bring their own throughout the lessons and they may skate with rentals free of charge during the Sunday afternoon public skating session from 1pm-4:30pm. Child fitness credit, up to $500. Claim 15% towards your child fitness credit!
To get more information and or register call 780-424-6336
• 1 hour and Roller Skating or Roller Blade Lesson
• Rentals Included ($5.00 value)
• Able to skate the rest of Saturday or Sunday afternoon session from 1pm-4:30pm FREE($15 value)
• Automatically Entitled To win a 1 month pass.
• 1 Free admission to Sportsworld for a future date. ($12 value)
Lesson Dates Below:
To Be Announced
School/Group Lesson Rates
Additional $10 per student for entire class or group roller blade and roller skate lessons with your Option 3 private booking. No age limit. Helmets are optional, but recommend. Contact Devon Hewitt for scheduling.
Private Lesson Rates
$25 One on One for 1 hour. Meet at your home or near your local park to instruct the private lessons. Weather conditions may be a factor; however it must not rain or snow. Call for scheduling.
So Simple To Get Started
1. Contact to register for Saturday Lessons. (Contact information below)
2. Print and complete the “Registration Form” and bring the form to your lesson class. Pre-pay your lesson at least 72 hours before the next lesson and receive $5 off your instruction.
(Cash, Debit, VISA/Master Card)
3. Recommended to bring safety equipment such as helmets, elbow pads, kneepads, wrist guards.
Note: Sportsworld has a no re-fund policy. Day of lesson: You will be required to sign into Sportsworld under its “Liability Terms & Conditions”.
Contact (Questions / Signing Up)
Former Graduate Student
"This summer I decided to take up the sport of roller blading. Since I had never been on roller blades before, I thought it best to take some lessons in order to develop the correct techniques.
I was very fortunate to have a great instructor. He was an excellent teacher as he did a variety of activities and focused on every detail. During each lesson he reviewed what was previously taught and then introduced new skills within my ability. He was always very positive and encouraging.
I enjoyed the lessons and felt I made a lot of progress."